Better Readers Make Better Learners
AceReader Now Has a Newsletter!
AceReader, Inc. will now be sending out a periodic newsletter to share helpful tips, product updates, and exciting results from our customers in addition to the information we share on this blog.
Today’s AceReader Tip: How to Track Students’ Progress
A great goal is to get students through two course levels in a semester. At that point, students will have completed enough of the reading improvement activities to show good progress, and you will have enough data to complete a realistic analysis.
As we start approaching the end of the semester, we wanted to be sure you know how to track your students overall progress and make that analysis.
To monitor your students’ overall progress, students need to take two or more three-part assessment tests. They take their first three-part assessment test when they log on to the platform the first time. They will take additional three-part assessment tests when they reach the last activity in each of the courses. Students can also take a three-part assessment test any time they want from the Menu Mode.
To see your students’ progress, you can do the following:
- Log on with your Admin or Teacher account.
- Click on the “Reports” tab.
- In the upper left, you can select “All Classes” or just the Class for which you want to generate a report.
- In the upper right, select “Assessment Progress Report” for the “Report Type” field.
There are two main sections of the report. The top section provides you with a summary for all students. The bottom section provides you with details about each student.
REPORT TOP SECTION
- “Qualified” means students have taken two or more three-part assessment tests (at least one Pre Test and one Post Test).
- In this example, 230 students (or 92% of the qualified students) have shown improvement with their Effective Reading Rate scores.
- Amount of Improvement. In this example, 92% of the students who took both a Pre and a Post Test improved their Effective Reading Rate by 69%.
REPORT BOTTOM SECTION
- Click the little graph icon if you want to view details for a specific student.
- You can view the student’s Initial and Latest Effective Reading Rate scores.
- You can also see the Improvement Percentage.
A note about results . . . Everyone is different. Twenty percent to 40 percent improvement is excellent and means that students will be shaving off 15 minutes per hour of reading.
Looking for more tips?
We share information about education and reading improvement every week right here on our blog. New posts appear every Tuesday.
Product News / Update:
We are working hard on a major new release. We don’t have a release date, but we just want you to know that it is coming. If there are any new features you really want to see in our new release, just let us know. We value your input!
Also, it goes without saying that support is a top priority with us, so don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.